Sunday, July 20, 2008

We Are ... Blubbering Fools

A few months ago, I signed up for the most basic Netflix package there was. Recently, my queue included We Are Marshall, starring Matthew McConaghey and Matthew Fox. To me, there could be absolutely nothing better than a movie about football with Matthew Fox in it. But then I sat down to watch it.

Within minutes, I was sobbing uncontrollably. I was also watching this movie with This Guy I Know, to Whom I May or May Not Be Married. He, too, was more than a little misty-eyed. Now, I have, in the past, been accused of being cold-hearted... well... ok, a bitch. While my four other girlfriends were sobbing their faces off during P.S. I Love You, it took every ounce of my self-control not to throw my head back and groan at the sheer sappiness and utter predictability of it all. Obviously, I have no heart. So, clearly, We Are Marshall can even tug at the heartstrings of an unfeeling wench.

Next up on our queue is Blades of Glory... I'm pretty sure no tears will be shed over that one. However, Saint Lois has agreed to babysit (a.k.a. "wrangle") for us tonight, so we're heading out to see The Dark Knight, and, from what I've heard, Heath Ledger's performance just actually might make one reach for the hankies. I'll keep you updated on that one.

No comments: