Friday, July 11, 2008

Lazy Saturdays...

DISCLAIMER: Apparently, I posted this blog on the wrong website. For those of you who read my LOST blog, you were probably a bit confused. This blog should have been posted here, on Saturday, June 28.

I love Saturdays like these. 3.5 hour naps, big breakfasts, and cheesy Lifetime movies. I'm telling ya, ya can't beat it. (Well, Sundays during football season give lazy summer Saturdays a run for their money.)

Still not much going on in the Browns' life. We're in escrow until the end of the month, then, for the 4th time in 2.5 years, we'll be moving. Yay military life. (Though granted, the last two moves have been inter-city, and more or less our own choice than that of the military.)

Ian and I enjoyed our monthly Parents' Night Out last night. After mandatory fun at a squadron hail-and-farewell, a military tradition of welcoming the newbies and bidding adieu to those moving on in their military careers, we headed to the movies to catch Get Smart, the new movie starring Steve Carell and Anne Hathaway. Some discussion had been made as to whether to see this movie or the new James MacAvoy/Angelina Jolie action flick, Wanted. Though I'm a HUGE JMac fan (Becoming Jane? LOVED IT. Atonement? Cue heavenly angels' chorus!), I wasn't at all disappointed by Get Smart - the humor was there, the dialogue was witty, and the twist was pretty good, too. Still, I am more than willing to entertain offers of babysitting in order to go see Wanted. :)

No comments: