Friday, July 11, 2008

Excuse Me, Where Could I Find An 'I Love Your New Hair Color!' Card?

I recently went into a Hallmark store in search of a meaningful parting gift for the outgoing COW (a rather misleading acronym referring to the spouse of the squadron's commanding officer). While I was there, I was rather astonished to behold the sheer number of "category" cards present. No matter the situation, be it a loved one's "coming out," the abandonment of one's dream, or even being overlooked for a professional promotion (I think I have many of those cards lost somewhere in the mail), Hallmark has just the card for you. So next time you wish to send your heartfelt congratulations to a friend who was just selected for a reality TV show, swing into your local Hallmark to pick up a card that says just that.

No comments: