Monday, December 22, 2008

I'm Dreaming of a ... Playoff Run

Next week could be one of the only times that I will root for a New York team.

I don't pretend to understand the processes through which playoff runs are decided. All I know is that Miami and Baltimore have to lose in order to give my beloved Pats a chance at a few games in 2009. How that all came about, I don't know. I don't really understand how Miami and the NEP have the same record (10-5), (with the Jets at 9-6), and of the three, the Pats are the team that stands the most the lose. (Mattie, give me a hand here.)

Other things I don't understand (in no particular order):

1.) Why the making of a snow angel is grounds for a 15-yard penalty.
2.) Why, with a 41-0 lead in the third quarter, the starting QB was still in the game.
3.) Why the Good Lord saw fit and deprived MKO and me from our weekly does of Tedy.
4.) Why Brett Favre was named to the the Pro Bowl.

Answers from people more knowledgeable than I are most welcome. :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

It has to do with their record in the division and the conference; the Patriots are 6-5 in the AFC, the 'Fins are 7-4. If they finish with the same record, the Dolphins in based on that (ditto the Ravens). As to the other questions
1. "Going to the ground" intentionally triggers that penalty- I don't know why, it was worth it either way.
2. No clue
3. Good grief
4. Name recognition-it is a travesty, he leads the league in interceptions thrown and is a shadow of his former self. Any number of other QBs would be a better pick.

Anonymous said...

I knew I could count on you to deliver answers for me, Mattie. :)

Unknown said...

I was super busy the week after Tedy got hurt and I dropped the ball on following his injury status. The next week when the defense took the field and I couldn't quite seem to make out #54 on any shirt I turned to look at Andrew and inquire why Tedy wasn't there. He stammered and looked VERY uncomfortable for a few seconds. I died a little inside.