Monday, March 24, 2008

40 Days and 40 Nights

Now that Easter has come and gone, and Lent has gone with it (and yes, I managed the WHOLE 40 days without celebrity gossip, and I feel like I'm a much better person for it... I will, however, be getting the scoop from Perez here momentarily, thankyouverymuch), my son and I will be embarking upon another 40 day stretch. Except this time, at the end of 40 days and 40 nights, our family will be whole once again.

I still have a punch list I'd like to finish up before Ian gets home, but I'm pretty happy with what I've already accomplished while he's been over there. I'm pretty proud of myself, too, for being able to handle everything that has been thrown my way. (Albeit, with less grace than I would have hoped for, but hey, I can't split hairs like that.) I never thought that I wouldn't be able to handle everything, but I'm surprised that I haven't had more meltdowns. And, aside from a bump here and a bruise there, Aaron is none the worse for wear, either. I know I should hardly expect a gold medal or a mother-of-the-year award, but I know I've done the best I can with what I have. I am, however, looking very forward to a nice, long vacation that involves a lot of sleeping and massages.

I realize that I'm rambling, and that this post is probably one of my least prolific and verbose, but it is, after all, Monday morning. Give me a break.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

By comparison my mother may be getting ulcers and Danny is in Singapore, nevermind Iraq. Then again, she asks for my work schedule so she can worry about my commute so that might indicate some issues there...