Sunday, September 21, 2008

A Word

I'm sitting on my couch, watching the Emmy Awards (sidenote: to get to this page, I had to open my internet brower, where my homepage ruined any surprise that I may have had at the conclusion of this show. But that's another rant...) and I just have to say that I am getting more and more annoyed with celebrities who think that they are in any way qualified to tell me that their political views and opinions are valued simply because of their profession. Here's a newsflash, folks, you are ACTORS. I watch you for entertainment purposes ONLY. If I wanted to hear what you had to say regarding the current administration, or your views on the respective candidates, I would require that you have more credibility and the ability to do more than pretend to be someone you're not. Because, let's face it, that's what you're paid to do. Entertain me. And don't for a second think that you will influence my vote. I can think for myself, thank you very much. 

No comments: