Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Blog It Out...

Yesterday was a very dark day in my life. As I am wont to do, I let my gas tank get down to the point where I would have been That Crying Girl on the side of the road who pushed her car to the limit and lost if I didn't stop for gas ASAP. So stop I did, and that is where it begins to get all fuzzy.

The Chevron I pulled into was selling regular unleaded gasoline at $3.99 a gallon. As I threw up in my mouth at the thought of having no choice but to fill my tank with most of my day's earnings, it occurred to me that I was also lacking milk at home to give to my son with his dinner. So I swiped my card, filling my tank, and headed inside to pick up the moo juice.  I found the whole milk my son requires and stopped. And STARED. The price tag below the gallon indicating the price was typed in Bold. $5.99. I took it to the counter and once again swiped my card. And then I died on the inside. 

After I pulled out of the lot, I called someone who I felt would also feel my hurt on this particular subject, given his propensity for outrage at paying $3.30 at the pump. After we discussed (in no particular order) juice, UTIs, Democrats, and the superiority of the East Coast over the West, we got down to the heart of the matter, and after I cried and gnashed my teeth, Andrew suggested I Blog It Out. So, though you may or may not share my pain at the pump, your sentiments of outrage, shock, despair, and/or disgust would certainly be appreciated.  

4 comments:

Andrew said...

Oh there's outrage. Believe me, I'm outraged at Democrats, and UTIs. But mostly I died a little with you on the gas... and the "moo juice" - my new favourite term since Meghan started saying boozeahol.

I'm glad I can be a shoulder to cry on... just remember if you're going to be sick over this stuff though, to do so BEFORE you put your head on my shoulder. Much appreciated.

Unknown said...

time to get the child hooked in Diet Coke, I think. :)

Anonymous said...

Andrew, it would seem that 4 years of living with Ian in college influenced your spelling. "Favourite?"

Unknown said...

oh, he thinks he's British. He does it with color too.

Weirdo.